Living Faith is a Christian blog that interacts with a variety of biblical, theological and practical topics written by Grand Canyon University's College of Theology faculty and specially invited guests of the college. Our content provides practical and biblical advice from a Christian worldview for living our faith in the midst of an increasingly secularized world. In addition, our content wrestles with cultural topics and issues that challenge how we live out our faith as believers. For this reason, contributors to our Christian blog strive to write with compassion and apologetic concern to honor Christ and edify the church in every way possible.

Robert Krise, MDiv

Faculty, College of Theology

Rob KriseRob Krise grew up in Northern Arizona and is part of the full-time online faculty at GCU. He earned his Master of Divinity from Talbot Theological Seminary. His undergraduate studies were in the area of agriculture. He enjoys hiking and camping. He and his wife, Dianna, have two grown children, Stephani and Robbie.

Faculty Spotlight

Who am I and how did God lead me here?
I grew up on a small ranch where my nearest neighbors were two miles away. My father owned a small business, and my mother worked as a purchasing assistant at the local cement plant. I have two older siblings, a sister and a brother. After high school I attended Arizona State University, where I planned on entering veterinary school after graduation. God had other plans for me, and in my senior year, I found myself being directed toward seminary. After graduating from seminary, I served a few churches in a variety of ministries.

What is your role within the College of Theology?
I am part of the full-time online faculty, primarily teaching Christian worldview and Old Testament. This has been a very fulfilling role, as I can impact students from many parts of the country for the sake of the gospel. Also, having a hand in preparing people for ministry is extremely satisfying.

What advice do I have for theology students?
Anyone who is considering serving God can count on a few things: God will never forsake you, it is an amazing series of blessings and you need to realize that you can count on resistance and trials. They help you grow, but they can be very painful and costly. Ministry is not for the faint of heart, so be sure God is leading you into it before you make it your full-time vocation. There is nothing more rewarding and that puts you more directly in the battle for God’s Kingdom.