At Grand Canyon University, learning and fun for all ages is year-round—and yes, this includes the summertime. Lazy summer days and lounging poolside are great, but that summertime boredom can quickly kick in. GCU offers STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) summer camps for high school students who want to keep learning, growing and preparing for the future over summer break.
What can you expect at GCU’s STEM Summer Camps?
- Spend four days and three nights at our beautiful Phoenix campus
- Experience fun, hands-on activities related to STEM subjects and careers
- Explore STEM careers, including engineers, health care professionals, scientists, architects, computer programmers and more
- Learn how STEM disciplines integrate into our daily life and serve as the future
For summer 2016, GCU offers high school students the following two camps:
- Robots, Web Design and Gaming, Oh My!: Explore computer science and engineering, while developing your own website game or programming robots. You will engage in critical thinking and problem solving to learn what it takes to be a Web designer or gaming professional.
- Amp Up! Electric Guitars and STEM: Explore the science and engineering of music, while creating your own electric guitar. You will learn about electric guitar materials, design and components, as well as the history and background of other musical instruments. The camp includes a trip to the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) and tours of GCU’s music studio and brand-new STEM building.
By sunset, campers may enjoy these evening activities:
- Game night and STEM-based team fun
- Pool parties with a DJ and ice cream
Learn more about GCU’s STEM summer camps by visiting our website or clicking the Request More Information button at the top right corner of the screen!