The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is comprised of diverse health care disciplines, including nursing, health care administration, athletic training, public health and health care informatics. We are united by the common goal of training the next generation of health care professionals and leaders to effectively address health care challenges. The content of this blog includes perspectives on current health care topics, discussion about health care trends, a showcase of successful alumni and faculty and posts about our passion for our respective fields.

Sabrina Corpus

MPH Candidate, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions

Sabrina Corpus moved to the sunny valley of Arizona when she was 10 years old. Surrounded by a family involved in healthcare, it influenced the same love in Sabrina. Graduating with her B.S. in health communication, Sabrina decided to take her education further and pursue her MPH through Grand Canyon University.

Spotlight Questions:

Who am I and how did I get to GCU?

Hi everyone! I am first generation Filipino-American and was born in Southern California. I moved to Arizona when I was 10 years old and I have loved it ever since. Having influence of healthcare from my family really stemmed the love and passion to pursue a career in this field. Like what the bio said, I wanted to further my education, and when I was researching graduate programs that would work with my schedule, I found GCU. Since joining GCU, it has been a journey I do not regret.

What do I enjoy most in the College of Nursing and Healthcare Professions?

The professors are knowledgeable about what they teach and I feel myself learning a lot from their experienced. On top of that, I also enjoy meeting all of the different students in my MPH program, all of us have different experiences and backgrounds, so I have been able enhance my knowledge through the narratives that they bring.

What advice do I have nursing and healthcare students?

Don’t stop learning! It can seem overwhelming at times with the content you need to memorize or the papers that you need to write, but in the end, it will equip you in the perspective field you want to be in. So, don’t give up! This is one step closer to making your dreams a reality.