Connect with the colleges of Grand Canyon University (GCU) through the GCU Community page. Enjoy a collection of the latest news, events and hot topics that GCU’s Deans, faculty, staff and students have prepared. As an aggregate of the colleges’ blog, you will find an assortment of topics assembled on this community page. Click around and get lost in the engaging content provided by GCU.

Finding Tatum’s Purpose: Valentine’s Day

0

By Tatum Sorrelman
Business Management Major, Colangelo College of Business 

Valentine’s Day is traditionally reserved for couples in love. But who says single girls can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day too? So, I decided to show my friends how much I love them by putting together little gift bags filled with candy. I had an idea of what I wanted to do and I looked at examples on Pinterest.

I headed to the dollar section at Target because they have really cute items at a cheap price. The Valentine’s Day section in Target is awesome. It’s filled with candy, decorations, cards and lots of stuffed animals. I picked out Valentine-themed felt envelopes and the best candy. I looked to see if I could find any other cute containers to put all of my candy in other than the envelopes that I found in the dollar section. But I decided the envelopes were the best way to go and the fact that they were only $1 really influenced my decision. I left Target with all of my supplies all under $10.

As soon as I got back from Target I put together my gift bags. Creating gift bags for friends was so much fun! Not only because I got to give them gifts, but because I got to keep some of the candy too!

Follow my journey through my college experience at Grand Canyon University! Learn more about GCU by clicking the Request More Information button on this page.

About Tatum Sorrelman

Tatum Sorrelman is the oldest child in a family of five, and she enjoys every minute of it. Being the oldest has given her a lot of responsibilities and has helped form her personality. Her family is very important to her, and she enjoys spending time with them. Her culture is important to her as well; she is Navajo and she tries to learn as much about her heritage as she can. Tatum loves music; it has always been a big part of her life. She can play the flute, the tuba and a little bit of the guitar, too. She also really enjoys going to concerts and listening to music live with her friends and family. In addition, she also likes to sing and act. She has performed in numerous productions like “Footloose” and “Peter Pan,” and she has always enjoyed the excitement that it gives her to be a part of something that so many people have worked hard for.

Read more about Tatum.