Engage with Grand Canyon University's (GCU) vibrant Spiritual Life community and take a deeper look at the various ministries that are happening around the world, in your backyard and on our campus. From weekly devotionals to Chapel highlights and features that reflect God's work in the hearts of our students, staff and faculty, each article is presented by GCU's Spiritual Life team and our special guests. We hope that God will challenge and encourage you through His words and the stories about His people that inspire us all.

Nathan R. Hale

Life Leader Manager
nathan-hale1Nathan Hale is a husband, father, minister, writer and musician. He inspires, equips, and educates young Christian leaders for a deeper communion with Christ and more effective discipleship.

“The Gospel is the reason I do what I do here at GCU. It informs my roles as a husband and father and has given me hope in my toughest moments.”

Faculty Spotlight

Who am I and how did God lead me to GCU?
I am a husband, father, minister, writer and musician. I inspire, equip, and educate young Christian leaders for a deeper communion with Christ and more effective discipleship. I ended up at GCU first as an Admissions Counselor in 2010. Now I manage our small-group Bible Study program.

What do I enjoy most about my role at GCU?
Helping students grow in their faith, and watching them in turn help others!

How has the Gospel shaped my life?
Without the Gospel I wouldn’t have life. With the Gospel I have life, and life abundant. Hope, peace, love, grace and mercy are all present in my life because Jesus lived, died and rose again. The Gospel is the reason I do what I do here at GCU. It informs my roles as a husband and father and has given me hope in my toughest moments.