Engage with Grand Canyon University's (GCU) vibrant Spiritual Life community and take a deeper look at the various ministries that are happening around the world, in your backyard and on our campus. From weekly devotionals to Chapel highlights and features that reflect God's work in the hearts of our students, staff and faculty, each article is presented by GCU's Spiritual Life team and our special guests. We hope that God will challenge and encourage you through His words and the stories about His people that inspire us all.

Lauren Abraham

Communications Major, Lead Digital Copywriter for GCU Blogs

Lauren Abraham headshotLauren Abraham is a senior at Grand Canyon University. She was born and raised in Phoenix and enjoys living here. She has loved her time at GCU so far, as she has made many friendships and discovered what she is passionate about. Currently, she is studying communication with a minor in marketing. She has always loved writing and working with people, and one day hopes to become an editor or journalist. In her free time, she enjoys staying active and spending time with her family and friends.

Spotlight Questions:

Who am I and how did I get to GCU?

I was born and raised in Phoenix. I have always known of GCU, and have been excited to see the growth and success of the campus within the past few years. I liked the fact that GCU was a Christian university, as my Christian faith is something that is very important to me. I wanted to go somewhere I could grow in my faith and discover what I am passionate about. GCU would often visit my high school, and during my senior year I decided it was the right fit for me. I am now in my third year and could not be happier with the decision I made.

What do I enjoy most at GCU?

The thing I most enjoy about GCU is the community. Living on campus, I have made many friendships that I know will last a lifetime, and I am very thankful for this. I have loved being involved on campus by attending events, going to Chapel and being involved in a Life Group. I have also enjoyed my role as a student at GCU. I am a communication major, and I enjoy my classes and am thankful for the opportunity to learn new things each day. I have been very blessed to have professors who are passionate about teaching and building relationships with their students.

How has the Gospel shaped my life?

The Gospel has shaped my life in many ways. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and it is in Him that I find my identity. I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that He came to Earth to show us how to live. At the end of His life, Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice and died on the cross for our sins. I believe the Bible is the word of God, and it is the guide to my life. Because of this, I strive to live my life in a way that is honorable to Him and reflects Christ’s love to everyone I come in contact with. The Gospel has also shaped my life because I see my sinful nature and that I am in need of a savior. Through my personal relationship with Jesus, I am made new, and I am molded into who I am supposed to be. This is a continuous process, as He continues to work on my heart and sustain me through each day.