Living Faith is a Christian blog that interacts with a variety of biblical, theological and practical topics written by Grand Canyon University's College of Theology faculty and specially invited guests of the college. Our content provides practical and biblical advice from a Christian worldview for living our faith in the midst of an increasingly secularized world. In addition, our content wrestles with cultural topics and issues that challenge how we live out our faith as believers. For this reason, contributors to our Christian blog strive to write with compassion and apologetic concern to honor Christ and edify the church in every way possible.

Steve Duby, Ph.D.

Faculty, College of Theology

steve-dubyDr. Duby is originally from Michigan and earned a B.S. in Biblical Studies, an M.Div., and a Ph.D. in systematic theology before becoming an online full-time faculty member at GCU. He is especially interested in the doctrines of God and Christ, along with Liverpool Football Club. He and his wife, Jodi, have two children.

Faculty Spotlight

Who am I and how did God lead me here?

I became a Christian in high school when I began attending church with a friend and first heard the gospel clearly articulated. From day one as a Christian, I’ve had an interest in contemplating and addressing theological and spiritual questions, which is why I enjoy teaching in the College of Theology.

What do I enjoy most at the College of Theology and in my Ministry?

It’s a privilege to help others grow in their understanding of who God is and how he has acted in Christ to bring redemption to fallen human beings. As the culture around us changes, I believe the church’s task remains quite straightforward, even if it is difficult to do well: proclaim the gospel, gather each week for worship (preaching, prayer, song, sacraments) and send believers out into the world to love their neighbors and carry out their God-given responsibilities in life to the glory of God.

What advice do I have for my students?

If I could offer one piece of advice to younger theology students, it would be to join rigorous thinking with a hunger for fellowship with Christ and to join serious study of the Bible with a serious engagement of the insights of the church’s tradition.