Living Faith is a Christian blog that interacts with a variety of biblical, theological and practical topics written by Grand Canyon University's College of Theology faculty and specially invited guests of the college. Our content provides practical and biblical advice from a Christian worldview for living our faith in the midst of an increasingly secularized world. In addition, our content wrestles with cultural topics and issues that challenge how we live out our faith as believers. For this reason, contributors to our Christian blog strive to write with compassion and apologetic concern to honor Christ and edify the church in every way possible.

Peter Rasor, PhD

Faculty, College of Theology

Peter Rasor headshotDr. Rasor is originally from Indiana and earned a BS in mechanical engineering from Valparaiso University. He received a Master of Ministry and MDiv from Cincinnati Christian University and then a ThM in systematic theology and PhD in philosophy from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. His interests include epistemology, philosophy of religion, apologetics and systematic theology. He and his wife, Jennifer, have four daughters.

Faculty Spotlight

Who am I and how did God lead me here?

I became a Christian at age 10 during Vacation Bible School. For as long as I can remember I have been interested in the deeper questions of life: who is God exactly? What is truth? Why is Christianity true? Being a part of the faculty at GCU enables me to share what I have learned throughout my studies concerning these topics.

What do I enjoy most at the College of Theology and in my ministry?

I enjoy two facets about equally:

1. Teaching and engaging students about the most important subject of humanity, namely, God and Christ.
  2. The camaraderie of the faculty. As culture has shifted dramatically in the last couple of decades, it is imperative for students to understand what they believe and why. This calls for deeper thinking and understanding. The faculty at GCU understands this and lean on each other to accomplish this task.

What advice do I have for my students?

I would tell students to not focus so much on “getting good grades,” but to learn the material. Obtaining knowledge is much more important than attempting to achieve high marks. In turn, share the knowledge you have gleaned with others—put it into action. Knowledge, especially of Christ and truth, put into action leads to changed lives.