Living Faith is a Christian blog that interacts with a variety of biblical, theological and practical topics written by Grand Canyon University's College of Theology faculty and specially invited guests of the college. Our content provides practical and biblical advice from a Christian worldview for living our faith in the midst of an increasingly secularized world. In addition, our content wrestles with cultural topics and issues that challenge how we live out our faith as believers. For this reason, contributors to our Christian blog strive to write with compassion and apologetic concern to honor Christ and edify the church in every way possible.

Manny Cota Jr., M.A.

Instructor of Christian Worldview and Philosophy, College of Theology

Manny CotaManny is a native of Arizona, having grown up in the border town of Nogales. He completed an M.A. in Philosophy of Religion, and an M.A. in Bioethics. His interests lie in bioethics, philosophy of science and philosophical theology. He is currently engaged in doctoral study in the intersection between philosophy of science and bioethics. He and his wife Kendra attend Northridge Community Church.

Faculty Spotlight

Who am I and how did God lead me here?

God opened up opportunities for me to teach in Phoenix four years ago. I came to GCU in part because of my background in bioethics and philosophy. As GCU, and in particular the College of Theology, continued to expand and mature, God opened a door for me to be part of this fantastic community.

What do I enjoy most in the College of Theology and in my ministry?

I love the hard questions, and I love engaging every part of life with a deeply integrated sense that God is present and has something to say. Those students who are hungry to be challenged, brutally honest and earnest in their questioning and thirsting for truth, goodness and beauty are a great blessing to me. My colleagues are also brilliant scholars and dear brother and sisters.

What advice do I have for theology students?

Learn to walk the line between knowledge and humility; your education and training here is not ultimately only for you, but for the sake of loving others and serving the Church. Beware of isolation and busyness; take time for worship, rest and fellowship. Finally, the sooner you realize you could benefit from, or even desperately need professional Christian counseling, the better your life and relationships will be.