The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is comprised of diverse health care disciplines, including nursing, health care administration, athletic training, public health and health care informatics. We are united by the common goal of training the next generation of health care professionals and leaders to effectively address health care challenges. The content of this blog includes perspectives on current health care topics, discussion about health care trends, a showcase of successful alumni and faculty and posts about our passion for our respective fields.

Abimbola Farinde, PhD, PharmD

Adjunct Faculty, College of Nursing and Health Care Professionals

Abimbola Farinde headshotAbimbola Farinde, PhD, PharmD, has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field and practice of psychopharmacology and mental health. Dr. Farinde has also worked with mentally impaired and developmentally disabled individuals at a state-supported living center and military installation, as well as veterans administrations and detention centers. Her various practice experiences have allowed her to develop and enhance her clinical skills over the years. Dr. Farinde always strives to maintain a commitment towards achieving professional growth as she transitions from one phase of her career to the next.

Faculty Spotlight Questions:

Who am I and how did I get to GCU?

My name is Abimbola Farinde, and I am currently adjunct faculty at Grand Canyon University. I came to GCU because I have the desire to educate others and pass on the knowledge I have to the next generation of health care professionals. I believe in the power of education because I am the byproduct of that; by educating the next generation, I feel that they are able to do and accomplish so much.

What do I enjoy most in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professionals?

I enjoy the various discussions that I have in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professionals, whether it is in the classroom setting or among faculty members. I also feel enriched by the experience because I always learn something new that I can apply either in my professional career or my personal life.

What advice do I have for CONHCP students?

Always remain focused on the goal at hand, which is to learn and ultimately acquire the degree that you have worked so hard for.