Join us on Teaching in Purple to find your purpose and passion in the field of education. Discover inspirational stories from future teachers, faculty, staff and alumni from Grand Canyon University. Peek inside the classrooms of today to shape your classroom of tomorrow. You will look great in purple!

Tracy Vasquez, M.Ed.

Clinical Practice Specialist, College of Education

Tracy Vasquez Tracy Vasquez currently serves on special projects relating to the success of College of Education students, faculty and partnerships with K-12 schools as clinical practice specialist at Grand Canyon University.

Tracy has experience teaching junior high science and primary grades at the elementary level. She has been in higher education for many years. She has taught undergraduate and graduate education courses in both traditional and online formats as well as supervised student teachers. Her area of expertise is instructional technology.

Tracy has a B.A. in Liberal Arts from Pepperdine University and a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Technology from GCU. She is currently pursuing her Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Integrating Technology, Learning and Psychology.

Faculty Spotlight

Who am I and how did I get to GCU?

I am driven by the College of Education’s philosophy of Learning, Leading and Serving. I work full-time in the College of Education on efforts to support clinical practice and the success of all teacher candidates, faculty members and colleagues in K-12 schools.

My undergraduate experience was completed in California, where I finished student teaching and earned my teaching credentials. Upon relocating to Phoenix, I obtained certification in the state of Arizona, began teaching and continued my education with GCU. It was through this program that I began to acquire a great interest in higher education and teacher preparation programs. This interest led me to begin working as an adjunct and eventually join the College of Education full-time.

What do I enjoy most in the College of Education?

I most enjoy the Christian heritage and conceptual framework that guides the efforts of the College of Education. I appreciate the spirited learning that takes place in our courses to advocate for all students. The demeanor of all students, faculty and staff is embodied in the College of Education professional dispositions.

In addition, I have a great interest and enthusiasm for instructional technology. Working in the College of Education allows me to be creative and innovative as we continue to remain on the cutting-edge of technology. I enjoy pursuing this interest, as well as furthering my education once again in pursuit of a Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Integrating Technology, Learning and Psychology. My research interests are in the application of technological tools to make advancements in communication and learning.

What advice do I have for College of Education students?

My advice for College of Education students and prospective students is to find your purpose! Know what values are important to you and create a plan for your faith, work and life that is in alignment with those values. In other words, find actions for what you are passionate about.

My faith, family and friends are very important to me, and all provide a network of support that is critical to those in the education profession. The field of education requires a passion for Learning, Leading and Serving. It is this drive that makes the education profession emerge from the heart!