Connect with the colleges of Grand Canyon University (GCU) through the GCU Community page. Enjoy a collection of the latest news, events and hot topics that GCU’s Deans, faculty, staff and students have prepared. As an aggregate of the colleges’ blog, you will find an assortment of topics assembled on this community page. Click around and get lost in the engaging content provided by GCU.

Finding Tatum’s Purpose: Weekly Chapel Service at GCU

0

By Tatum Sorrelman
Business Management Major, Colangelo College of Business

Every Monday students can start the week with inspiration and positivity by attending Grand Canyon University’s special Chapel service. We gather to worship God and hear a strong message from a speaker. These different guests speak every Monday, so there is always a new and interesting topic to learn and think about. Sometimes we have speakers from right here in Arizona who are pastors of churches around the area. But we also have speakers who come from out-of-state. They’re usually involved in an activity that makes a difference, like Young Life, and share stories as part of their message in their own unique way. Welcoming speakers from all over is a great way to diversify Chapel, making it new and exciting.

For me, Chapel is always an amazing experience. I love being able to go to worship God and hear His Word, especially with all of my friends. Growing up, I went to church groups, but as I got older and went to high school, I stopped going. It’s amazing that, even though I’m in college, I’m able to do that again and reconnect as part of this close community.

Chapel is also offered as a class at GCU! This means you can go to Chapel every Monday and earn credit for it. To take Chapel as a class, you need to attend every service and check in. After the service, you will take a short quiz and write a reflection on the service. It’s a great tool for me to use to reflect on God’s Word and how He impacts my heart. I definitely think all students could benefit from this experience and have life-changing moments.

Find out more about Chapel and the Christian heritage at GCU by visiting the website. And keep up with me by following me on the GCU Blogs Network or the GCU YouTube channel.

About Tatum Sorrelman

Tatum Sorrelman is the oldest child in a family of five, and she enjoys every minute of it. Being the oldest has given her a lot of responsibilities and has helped form her personality. Her family is very important to her, and she enjoys spending time with them. Her culture is important to her as well; she is Navajo and she tries to learn as much about her heritage as she can. Tatum loves music; it has always been a big part of her life. She can play the flute, the tuba and a little bit of the guitar, too. She also really enjoys going to concerts and listening to music live with her friends and family. In addition, she also likes to sing and act. She has performed in numerous productions like “Footloose” and “Peter Pan,” and she has always enjoyed the excitement that it gives her to be a part of something that so many people have worked hard for.

Read more about Tatum.