Connect with the colleges of Grand Canyon University (GCU) through the GCU Community page. Enjoy a collection of the latest news, events and hot topics that GCU’s Deans, faculty, staff and students have prepared. As an aggregate of the colleges’ blog, you will find an assortment of topics assembled on this community page. Click around and get lost in the engaging content provided by GCU.

Finding Tatum’s Purpose: All About Tatum

0
Tatum Sorrelman

By Tatum Sorrelman
Business Management Major, Colangelo College of Business

Hey, everyone! It’s been a while since I posted a blog and I think it’s about time that I did. But, let’s mix it up a little bit. These past few blog posts have been about things that are going on. This time, I thought I’d share a few things about myself and help you get to know me.

I was born and raised in Scottsdale, Arizona, and I have lived in the same house for 17 years! My family consists of my mom, my dad, my younger brother, my younger sister and my dog.

Now for some of my favorites: My favorite book is “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton and my favorite movie is the adaptation of that book. My favorite band, as of right now, is The 1975. And my favorite food is French fries.

Some interesting things about me: I can play the tuba, the flute and a little bit of guitar. I am Navajo. I traveled out of state to compete in a problem-solving competition twice in middle school. I am Christian. In middle school, a short story I wrote was made into a book and placed in my school library for everyone to read. And yes, for those who are curious, I am single – haha.

That’s a little bit of information about me. If you want to know more, just keep watching my episodes and reading my blog. Each episode is a piece of who I am and I hope that everyone is enjoying it.

About Tatum Sorrelman

Tatum Sorrelman is the oldest child in a family of five, and she enjoys every minute of it. Being the oldest has given her a lot of responsibilities and has helped form her personality. Her family is very important to her, and she enjoys spending time with them. Her culture is important to her as well; she is Navajo and she tries to learn as much about her heritage as she can. Tatum loves music; it has always been a big part of her life. She can play the flute, the tuba and a little bit of the guitar, too. She also really enjoys going to concerts and listening to music live with her friends and family. In addition, she also likes to sing and act. She has performed in numerous productions like “Footloose” and “Peter Pan,” and she has always enjoyed the excitement that it gives her to be a part of something that so many people have worked hard for.

Read more about Tatum