Connect with the colleges of Grand Canyon University (GCU) through the GCU Community page. Enjoy a collection of the latest news, events and hot topics that GCU’s Deans, faculty, staff and students have prepared. As an aggregate of the colleges’ blog, you will find an assortment of topics assembled on this community page. Click around and get lost in the engaging content provided by GCU.

Finding Tatum’s Purpose: Second Semester

0

By Tatum Sorrelman
Business Management Major, Colangelo College of Business

It’s hard to believe that I am halfway done with my first year of college. Where has the time gone? I had a great break and I am excited to be heading back to school to start second semester.

I am really looking forward to starting all of my classes. There’s something exciting to me about starting new classes (like when you were a kid and you got a new seat in school – that kind of excitement). It gives me a chance to meet new people and it changes up my day-to-day activity, which is something that I love.

Last semester I had class every day and it was not the best, but now I only have class three days a week. This will give me more time to do homework and work. I am going to be working on the days I have off so that I can save money for the summer. I am thrilled to be doing this because it will give me time to get off campus and do something non-school related, while making money. This semester I hope to keep the same momentum that I had first semester and keep my grades up. I want to end my first year of college strong.

This semester is different than last semester. Not only academic-wise, but personally as well.  The first semester was rough for me. Living away from my family, meeting new people and trying new activities were not easy things for me to do. But I did them and I feel much better going into second semester than I did going into first semester.

Sure, I’m nervous. But the nerves aren’t from being scared – they’re from being eager.

Follow my GCU journey by keeping up with my blog, Finding Tatum’s Purpose. I’ll be posting new blogs and videos throughout my campus experience.

About Tatum Sorrelman

Tatum Sorrelman is the oldest child in a family of five, and she enjoys every minute of it. Being the oldest has given her a lot of responsibilities and has helped form her personality. Her family is very important to her, and she enjoys spending time with them. Her culture is important to her as well; she is Navajo and she tries to learn as much about her heritage as she can. Tatum loves music; it has always been a big part of her life. She can play the flute, the tuba and a little bit of the guitar, too. She also really enjoys going to concerts and listening to music live with her friends and family. In addition, she also likes to sing and act. She has performed in numerous productions like “Footloose” and “Peter Pan,” and she has always enjoyed the excitement that it gives her to be a part of something that so many people have worked hard for.

Read more about Tatum