Connect with the colleges of Grand Canyon University (GCU) through the GCU Community page. Enjoy a collection of the latest news, events and hot topics that GCU’s Deans, faculty, staff and students have prepared. As an aggregate of the colleges’ blog, you will find an assortment of topics assembled on this community page. Click around and get lost in the engaging content provided by GCU.

Finding Tatum’s Purpose: Branching Out

0

By Tatum Sorrelman
Business Management Major, Colangelo College of Business

It is insane to think that this semester is my last first second semester of college. So much has been going on since school started back again in January. Since school has started, I have gotten involved in different activities that have made for some real fun.

I joined an intramural ultimate Frisbee team this semester. The best part of being on an intramural team is that you don’t have to try out for the team – you get to pick a team of your own and play games for fun. You don’t need to be a superstar!

I have never been that great at throwing a Frisbee. But there is something about having a person throw you a Frisbee and having other players run up to you that forces you to throw a Frisbee in a way that you never have before. I may not throw the Frisbee well all of the time, but every time I play with my friends it doesn’t matter because I am having fun.

I also got a chance to go to the GCU Golf Course and try my luck at the driving range. I have only played mini golf and my skills at the driving rage proved that. But the overall experience was great. The price to go to the driving range is fairly cheap so it was lots of fun to spend an afternoon at the golf course trying something new.

This semester has given me time to try new restaurants too. My friends and I all went to Canyon 49 Grill for dinner before a basketball game and it was heaven. Eating on campus is nice and the food is awesome, but it is amazing to be able to go to a restaurant where you actually get to sit down and order food. The restaurant was fantastic but my favorite part was the food.  I ordered a salmon salad and it was delicious. It was like eating a homemade meal!

Check out the videos below to see my full experiences:

This semester has given me lots of opportunities to try new things, and I can’t wait to see what else this semester has to offer!

Follow my GCU journey by keeping up with my blog! I’ll check in and let you know how I’m doing every couple of weeks.

About Tatum Sorrelman

Tatum Sorrelman is the oldest child in a family of five, and she enjoys every minute of it. Being the oldest has given her a lot of responsibilities and has helped form her personality. Her family is very important to her, and she enjoys spending time with them. Her culture is important to her as well; she is Navajo and she tries to learn as much about her heritage as she can. Tatum loves music; it has always been a big part of her life. She can play the flute, the tuba and a little bit of the guitar, too. She also really enjoys going to concerts and listening to music live with her friends and family. In addition, she also likes to sing and act. She has performed in numerous productions like “Footloose” and “Peter Pan,” and she has always enjoyed the excitement that it gives her to be a part of something that so many people have worked hard for.

Read more about Tatum