Connect with the colleges of Grand Canyon University (GCU) through the GCU Community page. Enjoy a collection of the latest news, events and hot topics that GCU’s Deans, faculty, staff and students have prepared. As an aggregate of the colleges’ blog, you will find an assortment of topics assembled on this community page. Click around and get lost in the engaging content provided by GCU.

Finding Tatum’s Purpose: Basketball Season is Here!

0
midnight madness at GCU 2016-17 season kickoff

By Tatum Sorrelman
Business Management Major, Colangelo College of Business

I’m so excited that basketball season is finally here!

I have heard so many wonderful things about GCU basketball and it was really cool to be able to experience all of it firsthand. In high school, I went to a couple of basketball games, but they were nowhere near as exciting as this game was. The entire atmosphere of the Arena was thrilling. Every student was just as hyped to watch the game as the players were to play in the game. It was so much fun to stand with my friends and other students to cheer on our Lopes.

Not only was the game exciting, but the halftime show was exciting as well! A man and his dog were doing insane acrobatic tricks that are very difficult to describe unless you were there to see it. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire performance!

We ended up winning the game, and for the first home game of the season, that is so amazing!  I had so much fun during every moment of the basketball game that I honestly cannot wait for the next one! This season is going to be fantastic. I am so happy that I get to share it with all of my friends.

Follow my journey! Finding Tatum’s Purpose is the story of my campus experience at Grand Canyon University.

About Tatum Sorrelman

Tatum Sorrelman is the oldest child in a family of five, and she enjoys every minute of it. Being the oldest has given her a lot of responsibilities and has helped form her personality. Her family is very important to her, and she enjoys spending time with them. Her culture is important to her as well; she is Navajo and she tries to learn as much about her heritage as she can. Tatum loves music; it has always been a big part of her life. She can play the flute, the tuba and a little bit of the guitar, too. She also really enjoys going to concerts and listening to music live with her friends and family. In addition, she also likes to sing and act. She has performed in numerous productions like “Footloose” and “Peter Pan,” and she has always enjoyed the excitement that it gives her to be a part of something that so many people have worked hard for.

Read more about Tatum.